Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Smedley RIP

After a 13-year, 93,000-mile relationship, Smedley (for me, at least) is history. I sold the bike last month to a man who seems to enjoy it as much as I did. Not that it was all fun all the time. There was the time the electrical system failed in Guthrie, Oklahoma and caused an unscheduled overnight stay there while the local HD dealership tried to fix it. Another electrical failure caused trouble on the way to North Carolina with Mike and Courtney; that time, Richard had to help me fly from Atlanta to Newburgh while a local dealership fixed it, then I had to fly back to Atlanta, take a cab south to the dealership, get the bike and ride it back to New York. Ugh. There were a few other such times in those years and miles. But mostly it was happy times, fine experiences, wonderful views, experiences what would not have happened otherwise. Ride in Peace, Smedley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home